Made of cast iron, this Lodge Dutch oven allows for quality cooking through its superior heat retention and better non-stick surface compared to other types of pots.
This particular Dutch oven is pre-seasoned, meaning it is good to cook with right away. The more you cook with it, combined with proper care and seasoning, the more it becomes non-stick and adds more flavour to food. The pot also features a heavy duty lid that creates a tight seal and two handles on the side.
The Lodge cast iron Dutch oven can be used on all cooking surfaces, including induction and open flame, and can also be put in the oven.
- 2 Qt / 8.25" Dia x 3.25" H
- 5 Qt / 10.5" Dia x 4.5" H
- Made in USA
- Made of cast iron
- Heavy duty, durable design
- Works on all cooking surfaces, including induction
- Oven and grill safe
Seasoning - Once Per Month, Or After Each Use
- Scrub Your Dutch Oven: Clean your cookware with a brush and warm, soapy water - do not put in the dishwasher! Rinse and dry thoroughly.
- Season With Oil: Apply a thin layer of cooking oil to the surface (inside and out). If you put too much, the cookware may become sticky. Vegetable, canola, grapeseed and flaxseed oil work best.
- Bake For 1 Hour: Place the cookware in the oven upside down for 1 hour, baking at 450-500° F. Put a baking sheet or aluminum foil on the bottom rack underneath your Lodge to catch any drips. Allow it to cool.
Gently scrub the cookware using mild dish soap, warm water and a non-abrasive sponge or scrub brush. Rinse it clean and dry thoroughly.
- Never put cast iron cookware in the dishwasher