Final Sale - On Clearance
This French pan is made of carbon steel, making it a fantastic solution if you cook on high heat or have an induction stove top. The Mineral B becomes naturally non-stick after your first season, with the non-stick quality becoming better the more the pan is seasoned.
This De Buyer pan is great for cooking meat as it is oven safe for up to 10 minutes, perfect for searing at the last moment.
Before First Use - Cleaning & Seasoning
- Thoroughly clean the pan with a sponge and soap
Apply a coating of high smoke point oil to the pan's surface for seasoning. Try high heat friendly solutions like avocado oil, peanut oil or canola oil.
Put the pan on the stove on high heat and let sit until the oil smokes.
Tips For Use
- Do not put in the dishwasher
Do not clean it with detergent; hand wash in warm water
Dry immediately after cleaning; do not let it soak in water
- Dry and oil lightly before storing away in a dry place
The general rule of thumb is to treat this pan the same way you would a cast iron skillet!
- Made in France
- Made of 99% steel, 1% carbon
- Naturally non-stick after seasoning
- Efficient to use on high heat
- Induction safe
- Oven safe for 10 minutes at 400° F (great for searing)
- Limited lifetime manufacturer's warranty